“Learn how to select, purchase, and cook all types of meat. .
. . .from steaks to salmon, from turkey to tenderloin.”
If you mess this up, it's hard to redeem
yourself no matter what else is on the menu.
Meat can be expensive and is the center of most meals. I
haven't always been comfortable cooking or even purchasing this
particular food group. I began like you probably did -- mostly trial
and error. Hamburger or ground beef was always a good staple but
learning to keep the roasts moist and the steaks perfect takes some
experience and knowing the tricks of the trade.
Now that I've married the butcher, I've learned lots
(especially how to get the best deals)! I know I've done well if he
doesn't have any comments like, “You know, this would be really good if
you'd try...” or, “How about next time you... instead of ...”
- Free Meat Zine & Bonuses
- Here is a list of our current freebies including our Meat Zine will provide special recipes, tips and tricks before they even reach the website. Also some "secrets of the butcher's wife".
- Ask The Butcher A Question
- Author, butcher and columnist John Smith wants to answer any questions you have about buying, using and preparing meat. You can even request that recipe you've been looking for-we might just have it!
- Answers To Your Meat Questions
- Answers to your meat questions are posted here.
- Hamburger and/or Ground Beef
- Everthing you ever wanted to know about hamburger or ground beef. Expert advice on how to purchase, select and save money on hamburger
- Quality Grilling Steak
- When grilling steak you want to select one of these high quality tender steaks . Flat irons to filet mignon-do you know the difference?
- Swiss Steak
- Swiss steak can't just be thrown on the grill. These not so tender steaks need some extra TLC to become the delectable dinner delights we all relish.
- Beef Ribs
- Bring on the beef ribs! Short ribs can be very expensive when you consider half is bone and fat. Good news! You don't have to spend all that money to enjoy ribs
- Chicken is one of the most versitile, affordable and delicious meat choice for cooking
- Pork Roast
- Which pork roast will give you the most? The most chew, the most meat, the most meat for your money?
- Pork Rib
- Pork Rib Rules! Bring on these tasty treats for your BBQ pleasure
- Pork Steak
- Pork Steak-pork shoulder blade to pork cube steak. We'll help you pick the pork for your dining pleasure and purposes
- Pork Chops
- Which pork chop is best? loin chop, rib chop, blade chop- we'll help you choose
- Wild Game
- Wild Game- what to do with your moose, elk or deer meat
- About Us
- About Us - John Smith, butcher for 33 yrs and his wife Vickie started off writing together over 15 years ago
- Pork Tenderloin
- Pork Tenderloin is perhaps the "best" cut of pork, tender and expensive
- Tempting Turkey
- How to select and buy the best turkey, tips, tricks and "treats."
- Saurkraut Trout
- Saurkraut Trout?! It was the surprise winner of our trout variety taste test!
- Largest meat-recall of ground beef yet! This article explains how best to avoid recalled ground beef or hamburger